|Usually £565||NOW ONLY £395!|
Teach English anywhere in the world!
The INTESOL accredited 140 hour Certificate in TEFL with Online Teaching Practice is the perfect option if you would like to gain an internationally recognised TEFL course online, yet still gain valuable teaching practice before going you start your first teaching job. You can choose from a variety of worldwide locations for your teaching practice, and we’re the only TEFL course provider that gives you the opportunity to practice teaching online! All this for an amazingly affordable price.
When you begin teaching English abroad some, if not all, of your classes will involve teaching young learners. This TEFL course includes a module on teaching young learners, so you’ll be fully equipped with the skills that are in high demand by TEFL employers worldwide. You’ll learn the best ways to make classes fun and engaging for both you and your students, ensuring that your experience is a rewarding one.
Do you want to see the world? This is your passport!
Get an English teaching job anywhere in the world.
Why THIS online TEFL course?
- You can study this TEFL course online from your desktop, laptop or mobile device whenever and wherever you want. There are no set start dates and no time limit. You have the freedom and flexibility to fit your TEFL studies around your lifestyle. You can even study on the beach!
- This 140 Hour TEFL contains a module on teaching English to young learners. This additional knowledge will not only be invaluable to you when you begin teaching, it also means you’ll be able to demonstrate specific skills that are in high demand by TEFL employers. We’ll make sure you stand out from the crowd!
- No need to miss out on valuable teaching practice. Learn impressive techniques for teaching online and offline by taking your teaching practice with our partner school, the top online English tutoring company in Asia. You can also choose to take onsite and observed teaching practice at a choice of worldwide locations.
- INTESOL Worldwide has been training TEFL teachers for 25 years and is well known and respected in the TEFL industry. This means your TEFL certification will be instantly recognised internationally as being of excellent quality.
- The 140 Hour TEFL course is externally accredited, meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinised externally to meet industry standards. This means you can be sure you’ll participate in a fruitful learning experience.
- Your tutor will be an experienced teacher holding a Diploma in TESOL as a minimum qualification (many have a Masters in TESOL). They will offer you all the support and feedback you need to succeed to the best of your ability.
- INTESOL Worldwide has a strong network internationally with branches all over the world, including Japan, Russia, South Africa and many more. Not to mention the multitude of relationships we have developed with EFL schools and recruiters in TEFL employment hotspots. We’re well placed to help you find the best teaching jobs.
The 140 Hour Certificate in TEFL online with TEYL and Teaching Practice is accredited by ALAP (Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals), a UK based Awarding Organisation. ALAP is an accrediting organisation that specialises in the ELT industry.
ALAP is supported by an esteemed Academic Panel who are all experts in the field of English Language Teaching. The ALAP panel oversee matters related to academic quality, ensuring that the value of an ALAP Certificate is upheld.
TEFL Course Aims
The overall aim of the 140 hour Certificate in TEFL is to provide a sound, thorough introduction to TEFL / TESOL theory and practice and prepare you for teaching in the real world.
No prior qualifications or experience are required. Fluent English, determination and willingness to learn are all you need.
TEFL Course Structure
Within twenty four hours of enrolling in your online TEFL course you will receive your login details for the INTESOL Online Campus. The online element of the TEFL course consists of five units (a total of eleven modules). Each module has a lesson that you will study at your own pace and an assignment that you will submit for grading by your tutor. When your assignment has been graded you will receive a notification by email and be able to view your grade, plus any guidance and feedback, in your online grade book. The grade book allows you to easily monitor your progress as you work through the lessons and complete the course. If you happen to fail a module, don’t worry, you will be given the opportunity to re-submit your assignment after a little extra coaching.
There are no final examinations. As soon as your last assignment has been graded you will be able to view your final grade in the grade book. Your final grade is calculated by taking the average of your ten grades for the ten assessed modules. This will be the grade shown on your Certificate in TEFL with TEYL.
Online Teaching Practice
A low-cost, time effective format and accessible by anyone wherever they are in the world is the INTESOL online TP. All you need is a computer, webcam, headset and fast internet connection (see below for technical requirements). You will be given lessons to prepare. Your lesson plans and materials will be emailed to the Director of Studies in the school whose students you will be teaching.
You will be asked to suggest dates, and lessons will be arranged at times mutually convenient for you and the school. You will be able to decide whether to do your lessons on the same or different days. You will also have the option of planning and delivering just one group initially so that you can draw on the experience to plan the following group. You will be expected to plan 6 lessons of 40 minutes each, 3 at elementary level and 3 at a different level. You will be sent details of the lessons you must plan.
Here is an example of a lesson you may be asked to prepare and teach:
- Level: Elementary
- Topic: Where I live
- Target Structures: There is/are; prepositions of place; quantifiers- some, any, a few, a lot
- Vocabulary: Relevant adjectives to describe a town/city; places/buildings in a town/city
At the beginning of the TP, the tutor will have a quick word with you and after you have been introduced to the students the tutor will remain off screen.
All your lesson materials will be printed out ready for the lessons; you will be able to ask the tutor to assist by handing out materials, showing flashcards etc.
At the end of the TP you will be asked to reflect on the practice and for oral feedback. Full oral feedback will then be given by the Director of Studies or tutor.
The INTESOL Teaching Abroad Online Teaching Practice is a totally flexible, convenient method of earning a CELTA/Trinity equivalent TEFL qualification COMPLETELY ONLINE!
Technical Requirements for Online Teaching Practice
Desktop/Laptop PC: Intel Core2 Duo processor or better (no netbook or tablet).
Windows operating system: Windows 7 or 8 or higher
Internet Explorer web browser: Version 9 or higher.
Mac: OS 10.7 and higher (no Ipad)
RAM: 2GB or more
Internet Speed: Minimum 800 Kbps download and 500 Kbps upload
Wired internet connection: Cable, DSL, or Fiber Optics (no wireless connection).
Webcam: Either built-in or preferably high quality Creative, Logitech, or comparable.
Headset: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 preferred, or any headset with sealed headphones
and a swivel boom microphone (EXCEPT Logitech USB headsets).
Every session you teach must be treated as if you are teaching a regular class.
Therefore, audio and visual distractions must not interfere with the quality of
No phones, televisions, radios, loud fans, people, cars on the street, pets, or
any noise should be audible in the room when you are teaching.
Also, your background must be a plain background. Most teachers will arrange their
desks so their backs are facing plain walls (no doors, pictures, windows). Other
teachers put up a white curtain or sheet to create a plain background. This is very
important as this will facilitate a professional image of you and also allow the
clients to focus on your teaching.
Unit 1: Study Skills
(not assessed) – how best to organise your study time.
Pre Module Grammar
Self-assessed tasks with answers provided to help with Unit 2 The Study of English.
Unit 2: The Study of English
Module 1 – Grammar – tasks on the understanding of grammar, tense & structure – to be completed with the use of a grammar book.
Module 2 – Phonetics – tasks relating to the phonetic alphabet(given), stress & intonation.
Module 3 – Lexis – tasks relating to the presentation of vocabulary, compound words, word stems, language appropriacy & frequency.
Unit 3: The Teaching and Learning of ESOL
Module 1 – Basic Principles – answers from your own experience and the course materials on:
1) the blocks which may prevent learning
3) communicative competence.
Module 2 – Reading and Listening – tasks based on exploitation of authentic materials i.e. magazines, newspapers, radio broadcasts etc.
Module 3 – Speaking and Writing – tasks based as above but with a more productive bias – getting your students to produce language
Module 4 – Visual Aids – study of all the audio-visual aids available. Production of your own flashcards and aids to be used with a simple flannelgraph.
Module 5 – Error – looking at authentic student errors, classifying them, using a correction code, producing remedial exercises and improving your own practice.
Unit 4: Lesson Planning
Module 1 – Classroom Management – task relating to student teacher relationships and how to achieve genuine communication inside and outside the classroom.
Module 2 – Lesson Stages and Plans – putting all the above into a lesson; timing; warm-up; input; practice and production stages of your lessons.
BONUS UNIT: Young Learners (not assessed)
Subjects covered in this unit are:
– Differences between the ways in which adults and children learn
– Features in the stages of development of Young Learners
– Classroom management strategies for use in the Young Learners classroom
– Teaching techniques for use with Young Learners
Unit 6: Teaching Practice
Unit 7: Teaching Practice
Observed, assessed teaching & feedback sessions.
Award of Certificate
Certificates are graded as follows:
- A1 – Distinction
- A2 – Excellent
- B1 – Very Good
- B2 – Good
- C – Pass
Duration of the TEFL Course
The length of time it takes to complete the TEFL course depends on your other commitments. There are approximately 140 hours of work in the online TEFL course, including online teaching practice. As a general guideline most students complete the online TEFL course in approximately 8 weeks, however if you require more time this is not a problem.
|Usually £565||NOW ONLY £395!|
Prefer to pay by instalments?
£395 (paid in 3 instalments, 1st £195, 2nd £100, 3rd £100)
NB THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR PAYING IN INSTALMENTS
For all fees 1st instalment is payable on registration, 2nd instalment is due one calendar month later and 3rd payment one further calendar month later.
What’s included in your TEFL course fee?
- Certificate in TEFL with TEYL and Teaching Practice issued by awarding body
- Course Transcript issued by awarding body
- Invaluable real world teaching practice before you start your teaching career!
- FREE Back to basics grammar
- FREE Games & Lessons pack – Invaluable resource when you start teaching
- Personal tutor support
- Proven techniques that will make you a confident teacher
- Security of gaining an internationally recognised qualification
- No extra fees to pay if you need extra time. You take as long as you need.
Please note: There are no set start dates and no time limit. You decide when you start. You will be given a username and password to access your course.
We accept all major credit cards.