50% OFF this Online TEFL Course!
|Usually £345||NOW ONLY £175!|
Teach English anywhere in the world!
The INTESOL Teach Abroad accredited 120 hour Certificate in TEFL online is the minimum accepted certificate course for teaching English overseas. When you begin teaching English abroad some, if not all, of your classes will involve teaching young learners. This TEFL course includes a module on teaching young learners, so you’ll be fully equipped with the skills that are in high demand by TEFL employers worldwide. You’ll learn the best ways to make classes fun and engaging for both you and your students, ensuring that your experience is a rewarding one.
Do you want to see the world? This is your passport!
Get an English teaching job anywhere in the world.
Why THIS online TEFL course?
- You can study this TEFL course online from your desktop, laptop or mobile device whenever and wherever you want. There are no set start dates and no time limit. You have the freedom and flexibility to fit your TEFL studies around your lifestyle. You can even study on the beach!
- This 120 Hour TEFL contains a module on teaching English to young learners. This additional knowledge will not only be invaluable to you when you begin teaching, it also means you’ll be able to demonstrate specific skills that are in high demand by TEFL employers. We’ll make sure you stand out from the crowd!
- INTESOL Worldwide has been training TEFL teachers for 22 years and is well known and respected in the TEFL industry. This means your TEFL certification will be instantly recognised internationally as being of excellent quality.
- The 120 Hour TEFL course is externally accredited, meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinised externally to meet industry standards. This means you can be sure you’ll participate in a fruitful learning experience.
- Your tutor will be an experienced teacher holding a Diploma in TESOL as a minimum qualification (many have a Masters in TESOL). They will offer you all the support and feedback you need to succeed to the best of your ability.
- INTESOL Worldwide has a strong network internationally with branches all over the world, including Japan, Costa Rica, Vietnam, Thailand, Russia and many more. Not to mention the multitude of relationships we have developed with EFL schools and recruiters in TEFL employment hotspots. We’re well placed to help you find the best teaching jobs.
The 120 Hour Certificate in TEFL with TEYL online course is accredited by ALAP (Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals), a UK based Awarding Organisation. ALAP is an accrediting organisation that specialises in the ELT industry.
ALAP is supported by an esteemed Academic Panel who are all experts in the field of English Language Teaching. The ALAP panel oversee matters related to academic quality, ensuring that the value of an ALAP Certificate is upheld.
TEFL Course Aims
The overall aim of the 120 hour Certificate in TEFL is to provide a sound introduction to TEFL / TESOL and prepare you for teaching in the real world.
No prior qualifications or experience are required. Fluent English, determination and willingness to learn are all you need.
TEFL Course Structure
Within twenty four hours of enrolling in your online TEFL course you will receive your login details for the INTESOL Online Campus. The course consists of five units (a total of eleven modules). Each module has a lesson that you will study at your own pace and an assignment that you will submit for grading by your tutor. When your assignment has been graded you will receive a notification by email and be able to view your grade, plus any guidance and feedback, in your online grade book. The grade book allows you to easily monitor your progress as you work through the lessons and complete the course. If you happen to fail a module, don’t worry, you will be given the opportunity to re-submit your assignment after a little extra coaching.
There are no final examinations. As soon as your last assignment has been graded you will be able to view your final grade in the grade book. Your final grade is calculated by taking the average of your ten grades for the ten assessed modules. This will be the grade shown on your Certificate in TEFL with TEYL.
TEFL Course Contents
Unit 1: Study Skills
(not assessed) – how best to organise your study time.
Planning and organising study time; timetabling, study periods, realistic planning
Study techniques; making notes, concept maps, nuclear notes, mnemonics
5 step reading techniques; selection, recognition, extraction, organisation and transfer of information
How the course works; role of tutor, tutor assessed and self-study tasks
Unit 2: The Study of English
Module 1 – Deductive Analysis and use of grammars – parts of speech and grammatical terminology – the tense system, reported speech, active and passive
Module 2 – Elements of pronunciation: intonation including rising and falling tones, sentence stress, weak forms – sounds of the language/phonology; word stress, schwa sound, phonemic chart – teaching a ‘pronunciation point’
Module 3 – Lexis selection: frequency and appropriacy – lexis formation: synonyms and antonyms, word stems, parts of speech including prefixes and suffixes
*Please note a full Back to Basics Grammar Resource is provided with this course
Unit 3: The Teaching and Learning of ESOL
Module 1 – Overview of ESOL issues – being a caring teacher, involving students, using realistic language, keeping the students attention, teacher talking time, correction, levels in ESOL teaching, visual aids, use of mother tongue; teaching for exams: Cambridge ESOL, Professional English Examinations, TOEFL etc; the role of grammar, classroom techniques, one to one teaching
Module 2 – Listening and Reading: skills and the textbook, different kinds of listening, available materials – reading in a foreign language; types of reading, types of texts, writing comprehension questions, stages of reading activities, designing reading activities
Module 3 – Speaking and Writing; what it’s like speaking in a foreign language, setting up speaking activities, types of speaking activities, discreet sound teaching, issues in teaching writing, the nature of writing as a skill, organising and planning writing activities
Module 4 – Visual Aids; study of all the audio-visual aids available – production of your own flashcards and aids to be used with a simple flannelgraph.
Module 5 – Error – looking at authentic student errors, classifying them, using a correction code, producing remedial exercises and improving your own practice.
Unit 4: Classroom Management and Assessment
Module 1 – Learning and teaching; seating, name, teacher talk time, use of questions, ways of differentiating, managing interruptions, learning styles – Lesson Stages and Plans
Module 2 – Parts and stages of a lesson – time management, group, needs analysis, writing aims and objectives, predicting problems, sample lesson plans at a range of levels
BONUS UNIT: Young Learners (not assessed)
Subjects covered in this unit are:
– Differences between the ways in which adults and children learn
– Features in the stages of development of Young Learners
– Classroom management strategies for use in the Young Learners classroom
– Teaching techniques for use with Young Learners
Duration of the TEFL Course
The length of time it takes to complete the TEFL course depends on your other commitments. There are approximately 120 hours of work in the course. As a general guideline most students complete the course in approximately 8 weeks, however if you require more time this is not a problem.
Award of TEFL Certificate
INTESOL TEFL Certificates are graded as follows:
- A1 – Distinction
- A2 – Excellent
- B1 – Very Good
- B2 – Good
- C – Pass
TEFL Course fees
50% OFF this Online TEFL Course!
|Usually £345||NOW ONLY £175!|
What’s included in your TEFL course fee?
- FREE Back to basics grammar
- FREE Games & Lessons pack – Invaluable resource when you start teaching
- You receive two TEFL certificates;
Certificate in TEFL with TEYL issued by INTESOL (with grade) and
Certificate in TEFL accredited by ALAP, the awarding body
- Course Transcript issued by ALAP detailing the assessed course units studied
- Personal tutor support
- Proven techniques that will make you a confident teacher
- Security of gaining an internationally recognised qualification
- Job guidance and support, including CV preparation
- No extra fees to pay if you need extra time. You take as long as you need.
Please note: There are no set start dates and no time limits. You decide when you start. You will be given a username and password to access your TEFL course online.
We accept all major credit cards.