TEFL Knowledge Bank
As the World races towards globalisation certain constants have become globally accepted.
Two of the most important of these are the American $ as the international currency, and English as the accepted language for business and commerce. In fact, English is the single most widely spoken second language.
The realisation by non-English speaking countries of the importance of learning English as a second/ foreign language has resulted in an ever-increasing demand for native English speakers.
The English teaching positions available Worldwide are as varied as the countries that offer them. TEFL jobs abroad exist in just about every country around the globe from the colossus of China to the smallest pacific islands.
There are various reasons why you may be considering teaching English abroad, but the most popular motivations include:
- To finance world travels
- A career/lifestyle change
- To experience living in a completely different culture
- To escape the humdrum of life at home
- To gain some work and life experience before starting a career
- Or simply because you want to teach or love teaching
Articles about teaching English abroad
- A Guide to Teaching English
- Why Teach English Abroad
- English Teaching Acronyms
- Top Countries To Earn Big Bucks
- English Teaching Methods
- Teaching English Long Term
- Get Paid Teaching English In Your Gap Year
- What To Expect From A TEFL Course
- To Be Bilingual, Or Not To Be Bilingual, That Is The Question
- What To Ask At A TEFL Job Interview