|4 Month Teaching Internship|
|Programme fee||£889 GBP|
|Deposit (deducted from final balance)||£295 GBP|
The balance is due 28 days prior to departure
Next start date June 2015
What’s included in your Internship:
- 120 Hour online TEFL course with TEYL. Study the course before you leave or during your Internship, putting into practice what you learn in your course.
- Upon completion of the course you’ll receive an accredited TEFL certificate that will allow you to work as a paid English teacher anywhere in the world
- Internship placement in Kerala, Tamilnadu or Punjab states.
- Free accommodation in a well appointed flat/house shared with other Interns. Private room and bathroom.
- Free laundry service
- Free meals
- Free Internet and other services
- Visa assistance (you’ll receive a five month visa leaving you with one month after your Internship to travel in India). More information can be found at India Visa information
- Free two day beach holiday upon arrival
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Welcome orientation
- 24/7 in country support
- Opportunity to make friendships that last a lifetime with fellow volunteers and local people alike.
- Certificate of Teaching from our in-country partner, detailing the experience you have gained during your Internship
- INTESOL Teaching Practice Endorsement to present to future employers confirming the number of hours teaching experience you have gained during your Internship.
- Job guidance and assistance after your Internship
- Plus, we’ll send you a Lonely Planet guide to India!
What’s not included:
- Visa costs
About Kerala and Southern India
Kerala, known as ‘God’s own country’, is a tropical paradise in Southern India, blessed with rolling hills of lush vegetation and wide sandy beaches. Participating in a teaching Internship is this part of the world is truly a dream come true. The pristine rainforest and mountain ranges mixed with rich culture mean you will surely not want for anything during your stay.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience teaching English to children of all different levels – primary , secondary and higher secondary (grades 1 – 12) at your assigned school, which will be in Kerala or a neighbouring province. This experience will prove to be extremely valuable as you develop your skills ready for your future English teaching careers.
In addition to being immersed in the rich culture of India, you will also have the opportunity to share your own heritage with fascinated students, participating in a mutually rich and life- changing cultural exchange.
School typically starts at 8am or 9am, finishing at 2pm or 3pm, with the usual lunch break in between. You’ll have evenings and weekends free to discover the sights, sounds and smells of your scintillating surroundings.
This Internship is open to citizens of the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and countries in the European Union.
You’ll have a desire to give back and share your culture while gaining experience to continue a career as a successful English teacher, or indeed teacher of any subject.
- Complete the online application form with as much detail as possible
- We will review your application within 24 hours and contact you by email to arrange a time for you to chat with a Teach Abroad Advisor
- During your consultation we’ll confirm your suitability for the programme, confirm the placement process and make arrangements to collect your deposit.
- You’ll then get the ball rolling by applying for your Indian visa at your local embassy. Don’t worry, you’ll receive all the help and guidance you need.
- Once the paperwork is done you’ll be ready to do. We’ll be on hand to assist your prior to departure, so feel free to ask questions at any time!